A great resource for public health students. It clearly shows the relationship between health and social, environmental, and economic factors.
Here's the publisher's description of the book:
This book addresses the health of the whole world. Many simplifications were required for it to fit into a single textbook for students wanting to:
- Get an understanding of how the health of the world's population has changed over time;
- Learn about the main determinants for health;
- How health can be measured and what the main idicators are for health and illness;
- Learn about what is causing illness, disability and death for large numbers of people;
- To be acquainted with models and structures for health care around the world.
The book is written from a public health perspective and shows the close link between health and social realities, money and the environment.